Thursday, August 5, 2010

Enjoying Summer, life and my littles! {Yuba City Photographer}

A friend led me to a new blog of a woman I've never met, and probably never will, however she's totally touched my heart with her writing. She's a fellow photographer, but has the most unique, funny writing style. The night I was led to her blog I read for two hours straight. Crying, laughing, until finally my husband pulled me away from the computer at 12:30 am and forced me to go to bed. Here's a link to her blog. Be sure to start at the "start here if you're new button" It will lead you to her birth story of her second born. It's beautiful, bring the tissue.


I say all that to explain to you to today's post. I've spent a lot of time the last 2 years building up my business, getting clients, building a website, editing client photos. It's taken it's toll on me, my house and most importantly, my kids. I want to be the fun mom! Not the mom who looks at other people's kids on the computer all day. Editing client images is going to have to wait until bed time or nap time. (I don't need to shower anyway right? The dishes can be done later!)

So yesterday I busted out my baking pans, asked Ryan what he wanted to make and he replied "ake!" "chocolate or vanilla" I asked. "Vanilla" Katie chimed in. Sound I pulled out my trusty Betty Crocker, the kids grabbed their chairs form the dining room, drug them into the kitchen and we started by greasing and flouring the pan. We only had to start over twice ;)

IMG_2399web
IMG_2401web
IMG_2404web
Pouring in the sugar
IMG_2406web
"spreading" out the batter
IMG_2415web
Making sure it's fit for human consumption
IMG_2417web
IMG_2424web
And our supervisor. She made sure things ran smoothly in the kitchen.
IMG_2397web


0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

If you wish to book a session with me, please follow the link at the top of the page to my website and fill out a contact form.  I would love to have the opportunity to photograph your family!

Right Click

Analytics

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP